How You Discover Matters
Britannica's free browser extension, Britannica Insights, changes how you discover by bringing fact-checked information from Britannica and Merriam-Webster to the top right corner of your search results page.
Powered by the world's largest verified general-reference dataset, the extension is also able to surface unique relationships, uncommon insights and word definitions, providing deeper context, perspectives, and connections around English-language search topics.
- SAVE TIME: Cut through Internet noise to find facts fast.
- LEARN MORE: Explore deeper context and connections.
- BE SURE: Trust the information you discover.
Britannica Insights Features
- Enliven your search with verified Britannica and Merriam-Webster results in the top-right of your regular results.
- Get quick-facts, connections, context and more from Britannica.
- Get definitions, pronunciations, usage guides and more from Merriam-Webster.
- Discover trusted and relevant images and videos.
- Test your knowledge with Britannica Quizzes.
- See synonyms, antonyms, history and etymology from Merriam-Webster.
As Featured In:
Of the new Chrome extension, Britannica's CEO Karthik Krishnan said,
"Britannica Insights will make it easier for everyone from kids to curious adults to professional researchers to find trustworthy results faster. Now more than ever, how we discover information matters."
- Q: How do I start using Britannica Insights?
- A: Click Add to Chrome and continue your usual searches. When Britannica has highly relevant results, the results will populate the top right corner of your results page.
- Q: Will Britannica Insights change what shows up in my search results or what sources I can view?
- A: Your search results will stay the same and you'll be able to view all of the same resources you're used to. You'll just find Britannica Insights results at the top right corner of your search results when there is relevant Britannica content to share.
- Q: Which search browsers does Britannica Insights work with?
- A: Britannica Insights works with Google Chrome. Microsoft Edge is coming soon!
- Q: How is Britannica Insights able to surface context, connections, and perspectives?
- A: Britannica Insights uses Encyclopaedia Britannica's proprietary advanced relationship mapping technology to surface uncommon insights and unique relationships through a web of connected data points.
- Q: What languages does Britannica Insights work with?
- A: Britannica Insights works with English language searches and search results.
- Q: Do you track my data or search history?
- A: Britannica Insights does not handle or collect any personal or sensitive information, nor does it track search data. If you would like more information on the policies of our parent company, Encyclopaedia Britannica, Inc., please view our Privacy Notice: http://corporate.fairponzi.com/privacy-policy